Cigarettes are the only type of tobacco product que is required to have health warnings with long-term effects of tobacco upon our health. Please answer the questions Following:
1) Do you think other tobacco products (ie. Hookahs, packages of rolling tobacco, pipes, etc.) shouldnt have visual images and information about tobacco effects upon the body or mind? If yes, what kind of images and information shouldnt They display? If not, why not?
2) Alcohol drinks are not required to display visual images about the health effects upon the mind or body. Do you think Alcohol companies shouldnt be required to do this? Why or why not?
3) If companies had to display visual images, what type of health warnings do you think Alcohol companies Could display on Their products?
4) Why do you think Alcohol companies are not required to publish visual images of health warnings?
- Yes I believe that their should be labels on every tobacco product their is because all them have similar harmful chemical that can really damage someone's body. The labels should show the same exact images they use for cigarettes for other tobacco products because all of the products affect the same parts of a person's body.
- I do believe that Alcohol drinks should require labels because it could seriously harm you overtime, and it could harm others with your actions with your actions while drunk.
- Companies should display images of organs damaged by alcohol, someone getting arrested for drinking and driving, and a image that shows the people that you can not control your actions if you get drunk. Finally, in serious cases, show an image of someone dying in a hospital. All of these examples of possible images for effects of drinking alcohol, are realistic consequences that can occur to someone that either drinks too much in one night or drinks regularly for a long time.
- I am just guessing, but I believe the reason why companies don’t need to put warning labels on them is because they believe that alcohol is not that dangerous compared to tobacco. Drinking alcohol can be normal thing to do, and it is not that dangerous to do if you drink responsibly.