Friday, December 5, 2014

which is the most accurate portrayal of Pocahontas in your opinion.


I think Simon Van Pass's one is the most accurate because he met Pocahontas and drew her picture. She was wearing clothes Inglês but it is the most accurate image of her face. Van Pass's painting was primary source. The OVPL Helped me determine que Simons Van Pass was the post's accurate, and it Helped me Understand the background stories of other ones. This was a very fun activity and I hope we can do another one like this in the future.

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Graded Bungy post Three

Today was our test day, Mr.Oksness gave us a random location to drop our barbie. Our teacher chose the stairs in the lower school as our drop.The height was 483cm. Our prediction was that we needed a total of 35 rubberbands. We came to that conclusion by using our equation that we made last class, y=13x+27. So, what we did was plug 483 in the equation as Y. It looked like this, 483=13x+27. Then we subtracted 27 from 483 in order to isolate the X, which would give us the amount of rubberbands we needed. After subtracting 27 from 483, we divided the result of that by 13 and X=35. That meant that we needed 35 rubberbands. When we dropped the Barbie, we only used two tries for the Barbie to get as close as possible to the ground. We literally almost touched the ground in both tries. Our teacher then chose another place for fun, and curiosity. It was aproximently 8 meter high.However, our prediction didn't quite work out that time since it touched the ground a little bit. I think the reason for that was because the rubberbands had expanded since we had used them to test our equation and for the big jump. I believe our group did a great job, we were productive in everyday even though we were a man shy. We did a really good job figuring out the equations, and making good predictions. One thing we need to do better is after we did one test with the rubberbands, we should change each one because the rubber bands were already expanded so they were larger. We did achieve our goal, and that was to keep Mr.Oksness daughters barbie safe, and making it go very close to the ground. I hope we can do similar projects in the future.





Monday, December 1, 2014

Graded Barbie Bungy Project blog post 2

In todays class, we were very productive with our investigation. Even though,  we were missing a group member. We continued our investigation from last class and tried to prove our prediction correct, that the rubber band would expand 13 centimeter each time. We kept on adding rubber bands each time to prove our prediction and equation correct. Our equation was y=13x+27, the Y was the total height, the 13 was expansion of the rubber band, the x was the number of rubber band, and the 27 was the height of the barbie. We proved our theory correct 3 times, the wall in the math class was 227.5 cm, the door in the math class 214 , and the stairs outside were 200 cm. That is what we did the both classes and it seemed to work out. Our big finding this class was that our equation was correct. We believe that our chances for success is very high because we tested our theory in three completely different locations. Their is always that chance that it will fail, but hopefully we do well and succeed in this project.



Findings: barbi’s height: 27cm
one rubber band: 40cm including her height.
total band expanded: 13cm                                                   
rubber band: 8.5 cm

2 rubber bands: 53 cm
2 bands expanded: 26 cm

3 rubber bands: 66 cm
3 bands expanded: 39 cm

4 rubber bands: 78.5
4 bands expanded: 51.5

15 rubberbands= 222cm
15 bands expanded= 195cm
                                           
y=13x+27

75cm= 3 rubberbands
156cm= 10 rubberbands
227.5cm= 15 rubberbands